Do you still believe You’re not a virgin if you’ve popped your cherry! You’ll bleed the first time you have sex! If so, just stop. We should correct these misunderstandings.
Here, 10 interesting hymen facts you should know :
By the way, welcome to Anatomy note youtube channel.
- The hymen doesn’t cover the vagina. The most normal way the hymen presents itself is as thin tissue just at the bottom of the vaginal opening.
- Hymens are not one-size-fits-all. There are more than 10 types of hymen which are medically classified as crescentic hymen, annular hymen, dentate hymen, denticular type hymen, fimbriate hymen, lunar-shape hymen, septate hymen, bifenestrate hymen, cribriform hymen, microimperforate hymen, imperforate hymen, labial hymen and parous introitus types hymen. Some cases, like imperforate hymen, need medical surgery to open.
- Someone even doesn’t have hymen when she born. But don’t blame your mom, it has nothing to do with her.
- If you try to look at your hymen, it may be difficult to pinpoint. If you do want to go exploring, though, it’s located about 1-2 centimeters inside your vaginal opening.
- No one knows what hymen really do. Your mouth helps you drink, and your urethra is where you pee. But experts aren’t sure of hymen’s purpose.
- It Doesn’t Always Break the First Time You Have Sex even you have an intact hymen. All hymens are stretchy but some are more stretchy than others. There are also many things that influence whether bleeding happens or not.
- You might not know when it breaks. Why? Because there are other ways you can tear it besides sex. Rigorous exercise, gymnastics, horseback riding, cycling, using large tampons, manipulation with a finger, or a pelvic exam are all possible (but not surefire) ways to tear your hymen
- Will hymen change shape? In children, a common appearance of the hymen is crescent-shaped, although many shapes are possible as we mentioned before. During puberty, estrogen causes the hymen to change in appearance and become very elastic.
- Will hymen grow back naturally? The answer is No. The hymen can’t grow back naturally once it’s been stretched open via tampon usage, first vaginal sexual life, sports, trauma, or other reasons.
- Some cultures, regions still obsess about virginity and hymen relation. These people even check before a woman gets married to confirm that she’s a virgin. But we hope these people don’t make this mistake anymore. there is nothing to do with virginity and hymen.