- Advertisement -Newspaper WordPress Theme
Human anatomyIntegumentary skin system10 Cool facts about hair you didn’t know before

10 Cool facts about hair you didn’t know before

This Content Is Only For Subscribers

Please subscribe to unlock this content. Enter your email to get access.
Your email address is 100% safe from spam!

Do you think you know a lot about hair? We advise you to think again. Grab a smoothie or some tea, and enjoy the tips.

Hair is as amazing and unique as the person it belongs to, therefore, learning the facts about your hair is essential! From stick straight to big and curly, it can be found in all colors, textures, and lengths, and can go through many changes throughout life.

Here 10 cool facts about your hair you didn’t know before.

  1. The average person has 100,000 – 150,000 strands of hair. On average, you shed around 50-150 strands of hair a day.
  2. At different times, 90% of hair is growing, while the other 10% is resting. Hair is the second fastest-growing tissue in the body after bone marrow. Hair may grow quicker in warm climates.
  3. A strand of hair is stronger than a copper wire with the same diameter. A healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% when it’s wet. Each strand of hair can support up to 100 grams of weight. But the amount of weight an entire head of hair can support is equivalent to 2 elephants, or 2 TONS!
  4. When we are cold or scared, goosebumps happen when the muscle for each hair strand contracts.
  5. Hair is made up of mostly keratin, the same substance that makes up most of the horse’s hooves, mane, and tail. Black is the most common hair color and red is the most rare.
  6. All hair that we can see is dead. The only hair that is not dead is the hair that is still inside the epidermis of our scalp.
  7. Blow drying alters the shape of the hair by changing their hydrogen bonds. Cutting your hair does not influence how fast it will grow.
  8. Hair cross-sections can be used to determine race and ethnicity. For example, Asian Hair is round-shaped, European Hair is oval-shaped and African-American is more flat-shaped.
  9. The first hair products specially formulated for African-American hair were created by Madam CJ Walker. She was also the first African-American woman to become a millionaire.
  10. On average, women spend about 2 hours a week styling their hair and also spend about $800 on hair products a year!

How cool are these ten fun facts? Let us know if you know more.

10 Cool facts about hair you didn’t know before | Hair facts | Interesting fun facts about Hair 2021

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Subscribe Today

GET EXCLUSIVE FULL ACCESS TO PREMIUM CONTENT

SUPPORT NONPROFIT JOURNALISM

EXPERT ANALYSIS OF AND EMERGING TRENDS IN CHILD WELFARE AND JUVENILE JUSTICE

TOPICAL VIDEO WEBINARS

Get unlimited access to our EXCLUSIVE Content and our archive of subscriber stories.

Exclusive content

- Advertisement -Newspaper WordPress Theme

Latest article

More article

- Advertisement -Newspaper WordPress Theme
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x